Home, About Me, Recipes, Hints & Tips
Chile con Queso
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or put through garlic press
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chiles
- 1 or 2 Fresh jalapeños, seeds and stems removed, finely chopped
- 1 14.5-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 pound Longhorn cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
Sauté the onions and garlic in the oil until onions are clear.
Add the chiles, jalapeño(s) and tomatoes
(rough-chop or break up the tomatoes with a spoon). Turn heat to low,
and add the grated cheeses, stirring until cheese melts. When ready
to serve, stir in the sour cream, just until well combined, and remove
from heat. Do not boil.
Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Makes about 4 cups.